Sunday 6 November 2011

skin care regime


One of my favourite things to spend my money on is skin-care products, I have been through so many products and I really do think that Lush is up there with the best and usually at about half the price (but still fairly expensive).

I start with Angels on Bare Skin. This is a product that everyone seems to rave about and is probably their best selling cleanser. I take a small lump of the product from the tub use warm water and rub it together in my hands to turn it into a milky/paste. Rub on, wash off. It's not very exciting and didn't leave my face really soft like I was hoping, but I will persevere. In my opinion, it isn't as good as some other cleansers, such as Baby Face, which unfortunately has been discontinued.

After that I use a toner Eau Roma Water. This is so softening almost as softening as some moisturisers I've used. I'm not fussed on the scent which is just a dull rose smell. I like to close my eyes and just spray this all over my face, it's really refreshing and then i wipe it off and my skin is lovely and smooth and you just know that it's good for you because of all the oils and natural ingredients used.

The moisturiser that I follow this with is Celestial. This is a heavenly(!) little moisturiser. It is a little bit greasy but it sinks in really well. It's been really good for the red patches on my cheeks and chin and forehead and it doesn't clog my pores. As well as that sometimes my skin can become itchy depending on the products I use and this doesn't have that sort of effect, it's really quite calming but moisturising as well.

Full of Grace Serum bar is strictly for bedtime use. This initially leaves your skin disgustingly oily. However, it is certainly not like that when you awaken in the morning. Your skin is really nourished and soft feeling. It looks smooth and is really good for evening my skin tone and the redness on my face. It's really unlike other serums I've used that sink in straight away and are almost gel like. It really shouldn't be called a serum. It's really just an oil. But a good one! It doesn't smell nice either, probably due to the mushrooms that are in it.

Lush recommends using this under their face masks, which I've not done yet, because they say it stops the mask drying your skin but you still get the same benefits. I have tried a few of their face masks and my absolute favourite, in fact my absolute favourite face mask of all time is Brazened Honey. Now, this has a very particular smell that takes some getting used to. It's honey with different spices and herbs, which sounds really really horrible. But once you've used it and love it you'll associate the smell with beautiful skin. Lush says it's like a detox and great for when you've not had as much sleep as you should or not been drinking enough water. I agree completely, I'm not sure if it's the spices that make your skin look like you've been on a long walk by the sea and it cleanses like you've been drinking two litres of water a day, every day your whole life. Any little bumps or blackheads and even the dullest of complexions it will fix. BUY IT.

What is your regular skin care regime? Do you even have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to read them!